Philodendron Billietiae Starter Plant
- Low stock - 5 items left
- Inventory on the way
This Philodendron Billietiae starter plant for sale is perfect for anyone wanting to get their own Billietiae Philodendron without breaking the bank. Enjoy growing this houseplant from a small houseplant to a giant foliage plant with the proper care.
- Botanical Name: Philodendron Billietiae
- Family: Araceae
- Plant Type: Perennial, vine
- Mature Size: 3ft tall, 8in wide (indoors)
- Sun Exposure: Partial
- Soil Type: Moist but well-drained
- Soil pH: Acidic, neutral
- Bloom Time: Spring, summer
- Flower Color: Green
- Hardiness Zones: 9-11, USDA
- Native Area: South America
- Toxicity: Toxic to pets
- Bright, Indirect Light: Mimic its natural rainforest habitat for optimal growth.
- Well-Drained Mix: A blend of indoor potting soil, perlite, and orchid bark or vermiculite is ideal.
- Consistent Moisture: Allow the top 1-2 inches of soil to dry out between waterings.
Temperature and Humidity 🌡️
- Warm and Humid: Keep it between 65 to 80°F and maintain 60-80% humidity.
- Balanced Diet: Use a balanced fertilizer diluted to half strength once a month during the growing season.
Easy Propagation Steps 🌱
- Cut: Take a stem cutting with at least two nodes.
- Root: Place the cutting in water or moist sphagnum moss.
- Plant: Once roots are 1-2 inches long, plant it in soil.
Common Issues and Solutions 🛠️
- Yellow Leaves: Could be due to underwatering, overwatering, or lack of light.
- Leaf Spots: Usually a sign of fungal or bacterial diseases. Use fungicidal spray as a preventative measure.
Is it rare?: The Philodendron Billietiae is a rare to uncommon plant that you most likely won't find at most plant shops or nurseries.
Does it climb?: Yes, it appreciates support like a moss pole to grow giant leaves.
- Is it a fast grower?: Moderately fast under the right conditions.
- Where can I buy a Philodendron Billietiae?: Plant Vault sells Philodendron Billietiae starter plants and bigger Philodendron Billietiae if you're looking for a more established houseplant.